You have IT projects and you desire to improve the testing process …
Opera advises and accompanies you with the implementation of a methodology and management and automation of functional tools, not regressional, in order to master your validation process and guarantee the software quality.
Why tests are necessary? Stakes and quality?
- IT governance : align better the investments in technologies with the company’s needs.
- Quality : Improve the global quality of the developed applications and answer more satisfactory to the legal requirements
The delivery of the third party software testing is divided in three stages
- Determine the function and responsibility of all of the participants of the global testing process
- Determine the content of each of the testing phase made by the development and third party software testing teams and users
- Setting up the testing strategy ( test’s goals and stakes , test’s level and used means)
- Start-up documents redaction
- Skills transfer
- assistance to the users : the test team members can temporarily participate in a mission of user’s assistance
- Changeover to the non regression tests , resulting of modification due to production problem
- Changeover to the tests of a software version of a country before the deployment in another country.
Functional testing and Agile development
- The functional testing is a key component of agile projects to guarantee an excellent alignment between the job’s needs and the iteratives developments .
- The tests ought to be organized within the iterations ( in some cases they don’t last very long, generally 2 to 4 weeks), in a mode allowing to guarantee the code’s stability and a good alignment to the job’s needs.
Good practices regarding functional tests within agile projects are built around two essential practices :
- the implementation of manual exploratory tests covering the new functionalities produced throughout the iteration
- The production of an automated tests referential covering systematically the defined functionalities and permanently ensuring the verification of the compliance to the job’s needs.