Color is an essential element in getting any message across, whether it’s salesy, informative or alert.
Colors are separated into two different categories:
Warm colors (We feel energy and warmth.): reds, yellows, oranges and pinks.
Cold colors (We feel the calmness and freshness.): greens, blues and purples.
Limit yourself to two or three colors maximum.
Think about what emotion we want to make our interlocutor feel (joy, sadness, anger, etc.)
- For important information (e.g.: decrease in sales) we will choose a warm color.
- For the technical side (Ex: diagram or technical explanation) we will choose a cold color.
- A combination that works very well is to combine a warm color with a cold color like red (warm color) and blue (cold color) or yellow (warm color) and purple (cold color).
- You can combine colors according to the shade of the color as red with pink.
- There are also color matching generators like Colordot, Color Palette, Coolors and many other applications.